ZeldaMS Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The REAL Fun Server!

+3
Void
i1337
Machine
7 posters

various suggestions

Machine
    ZeldaMS Newb
    ZeldaMS Newb

ZeldaMS Respect Points : 0

various suggestions Empty various suggestions

Post  Machine Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 pm

1. an actual NX CASH seller. the all-in-one shop has no v75 NX items; one of the main reasons i play v75 servers in the first place. frankly, this shocked me.

2. removal of the 1-stack-per-purchase cap when buying pots. this really frustrates me when i try to buy lots of pots at once, as i have to buy in 100s instead of just a couple of 1000s.

3. lowering of the timeless weapon/medal prices. i came on this server expecting a 1 meso all-in-one shop, including the timeless weaps and medals. i don't see the point in having timeless weaps and medals at a high cost when everything else is 1 meso; especially the medal prices. 1 bil per medal? that's a joke.

i apologize for this post sounding angry, but i really am shocked at how different this server was to my expectations. everything else is /great/, don't get me wrong, but these are easily fixed (at least suggestions 1 and 3 are; if both of those are fixed, then i don't really care about 2).

also, if you could move the FM spawn into one of the FM rooms that would be a great help. it's annoying for level 1 players who are trying to buy their equips getting killed every 5 seconds.
    and i noticed that there are a couple of hairstyles missing from KIN (the short top tail and the one that comes before it). both of those hairstyles feature heavily in my outfits, so i would appreciate it if those could be added.
    i would also love the scroll shop to be updated with v75 scrolls (most of which were actually present in v62, so it shocks me that they aren't in v75 by default). these include scrolls like helmet for DEX and earring for DEX, as well as chaos scrolls. again, i would like these to be 1 meso in cost.
    another request would be to check whether the scarlion and targar helmets are in the v75 wizet files. some v75 servers have them, some don't. if they are present, i would like the scarlion hat (dex) and the targar hat (int) to be added to the common hats section of the all-in-one seller for 1 meso. and, on that note, could you also check for any 50% scrolls? these give better boosts than 10% scrolls so they are well worth adding.
    i would also like vicious hammers to be sold for 1 meso instead of 50 mil.

i have been a superGM on various v75 servers, all of which i introduced these game mechanics to and, thereafter, all of which became very popular. please take these suggestions into consideration as they are not hard to carry out and they will improve our player count drastically.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

ZeldaMS Respect Points : 3

various suggestions Empty Re: various suggestions

Post  i1337 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

1. NX Cash is available through the site. However, the Cash Shop is glitched and the team is working on that.

2. Very few v75 servers have this, it is very difficult to code.

3. Mesos come by easily. Go to FM 12 (I believe it's 9-Tailed Foxes).

Many of these requests I see are asking for "1 Meso". ZeldaMS is easy enough. You do not need to be spoonfed more.

v75 Shops/Items are very difficult to code. Few servers have these.

v75 scrolls (like the ones you suggested) are available through GMs. They sell them to you for 1 Meso each. If there is an item that you want that is not in any shop, feel free to ask a GM. If the item is totally 1337, then the price may be higher than "1 Meso". However, I must agree that adding some v75 items WILL be much more convenient, both for the players AND the GMs. I might add a "list of useful v75 items to be added" thread.
    Machine
    ZeldaMS Newb
    ZeldaMS Newb

Post  Machine Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:57 am

ah, but level 1 players can't kill 9-tailed foxes.

i do agree that it's easy enough, but really there's no reason for medals to cost 1 bil, nor for 1 weapon to cost 500mil. i, personally, play for perfection, and that means having the highest stats possible at any given time; in particular INT as every 10 INT points give 1 extra MP and, using this extra MP, you can utilize AP resets to transfer these extra points into HP and thusly allowing you to train in areas that contain monsters way above your level. honestly, if people knew the amount of damage and, by extension, faster EXP that they were missing they'd play it my way too. that aside, i think everyone would benefit from cheaper items, don't you?

in hindsight, i am asking for too much. the problem with getting scrolls from GMs is my perfectionism. i scroll maybe 5 items every tenth level, and GMs are not going to be there every single time. besides, it's not that hard at all to open up mySQL server and add a couple of strings to a shop.

i'm not shocked by the difficulty but rather by the false advertising. i came here with the hope of a 1 meso all-in-one shop, not a 1 meso most-in-one shop and a 1 bil medal store with no surefire way of getting money until you reach higher levels.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 am

Level 1 players Level Up FAST.

g2g brb

You do realize that it's impossible to be perfect right now, because Timeless items can't level up and the Maker Skill doesn't work?
    I too am a perfectionist, I like to have perfectly scrolled items.

I agree with the false advertising. So more like, "All-In-One v62 Shop" and "v75 Items!".
    Void
    ZeldaMS Coder
    ZeldaMS Coder

Post  Void Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 am

Machine wrote:ah, but level 1 players can't kill 9-tailed foxes.

But, level 1 players can kill snails, which give you a good 15-25k, further allowing you to buy more than 15,000 items from the 1-meso shops. Besides there is no need to have a medal that gives you what? +1-+5 to all stats, especially right when you start playing. There has to be some incentive to go train and earn money with out being spoon fed such as i1337 had mentioned before.

Machine wrote: i'm not shocked by the difficulty but rather by the false advertising. i came here with the hope of a 1 meso all-in-one shop, not a 1 meso most-in-one shop and a 1 bil medal store with no surefire way of getting money until you reach higher levels.

False advertising? Was giving away almost any item including GM scrolls for 1 mesos not enough to be satisfied? It took me 1 minute to get 50m from mushmoms and some monsters x2,x3,x4,x5 the mesos that the mushmom drops. That meens you could be getting more than 150-250m a minute. Please don't be lazy.

The price of the timeless weapons and medals may be taken into consideration, but don't expect the price to drop drastically.
    Machine
    ZeldaMS Newb
    ZeldaMS Newb

Post  Machine Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am

level 1 players level up fast, yes, but without the INT boosts & stats?
    there's a medal that gives +7 to all stats with a req. level of 0. that on its own gives you 11 int, meaning 1 extra per level up. what i usually do from levels 1-10 is add all of my AP to INT as long as there's a stat resetter handy (that's another thing - is there a stat resetter?), so that means at level 10 i could have 58 INT + 7 = 65. combining this with a blue bandana scrolled for INT (these scrolls are unavailable), a rudolph nose for +1 INT and a flag for +1 in all stats, you've got enough MP to give you what i calculate to be 200 extra HP at level 10, and that amount of HP gained is nothing to scoff at, let me tell you. this is the only way (outside of being a warrior, that is) that one can gain enough HP to be able to fight horntail before level 180. the thing about HP washing is there's no way to regain any extra INT you've lost, because you can't level down.
    /this/ explains my reluctance.

i don't mind about timeless weapons not leveling up because that would mean i'd feel obligated to keep buying one until i get perfect level-ups, and that would take a very long time. i'm not /too/ fussed about the maker skill either, as it's only a few extra ATT points and nobody else has them, so i'm not actually missing out.

and yes, that description is more fitting.

to summarize my feelings at this point in time, all that i /need/ is an updated scroll shop and lots of money in order to buy the aforementioned +7 medal and also to buy lots of vicious hammers.
    that and a relatively cheap source of NX + working cash shop, as there are +1 to all stat rings available.

@Void don't get me wrong, i understand completely the need to keep players motivated and to give them something to work towards, but without the extra INT i have nothing to work towards but the thought that i could have had this much extra HP by now, and i don't. it's not a matter of great importance at all as most people couldn't care less, and i am extremely happy with how cooperative to the players' needs zeldaMS has been so far, but this little extra is, to me, what will make it perfect.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:18 am

It's true, GMs do give out scrolls for 1 meso each.
    Speaking of 1 meso scrolls, I wish Chaos Scrolls were also 1 meso each... it IS a scroll xP

Timeless weapons have dropped from 2 Bil to 500M. Medals have remained constant at 1 Bil.

The extra INT is unnecessary. The only thing it's good for is to raise your MAX MP, every 10 MP = extra 1 MAX MP, per level.

In the guide section: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    you can read some guides on how to level up fast.
    Machine
    ZeldaMS Newb
    ZeldaMS Newb

Post  Machine Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:30 am

yes, chaos scrolls should be 1 meso each too. i thought they were in the scrolls shop already.

you've got half of the equation. every 10 int = 1 more INT upon level up. the trick lies in putting some AP into HP (depending on how much extra INT you have gained - i think you need about 12 for this next part to work), then buying some AP reset scrolls from the cash shop and instead of resetting the point from HP into your regular damage stat, you can take it from your MP stat as HP and MP share an AP pool. this, essentially, means free HP as your AP goes into your damage stat as normal but your HP is much higher than usual and your MP returns its regular, unboosted amount.

not at all unnecessary.

leveling up fast is not my concern here, although i do commend you on your guides.
    Void
    ZeldaMS Coder
    ZeldaMS Coder

Post  Void Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 am

Machine wrote:level 1 players level up fast, yes, but without the INT boosts & stats?
    there's a medal that gives +7 to all stats with a req. level of 0. that on its own gives you 11 int, meaning 1 extra per level up. what i usually do from levels 1-10 is add all of my AP to INT as long as there's a stat resetter handy (that's another thing - is there a stat resetter?), so that means at level 10 i could have 58 INT + 7 = 65. combining this with a blue bandana scrolled for INT (these scrolls are unavailable), a rudolph nose for +1 INT and a flag for +1 in all stats, you've got enough MP to give you what i calculate to be 200 extra HP at level 10, and that amount of HP gained is nothing to scoff at, let me tell you. this is the only way (outside of being a warrior, that is) that one can gain enough HP to be able to fight horntail before level 180. the thing about HP washing is there's no way to regain any extra INT you've lost, because you can't level down.
    /this/ explains my reluctance.

you've got half of the equation. every 10 int = 1 more INT upon level up. the trick lies in putting some AP into HP (depending on how much extra INT you have gained - i think you need about 12 for this next part to work), then buying some AP reset scrolls from the cash shop and instead of resetting the point from HP into your regular damage stat, you can take it from your MP stat as HP and MP share an AP pool. this, essentially, means free HP as your AP goes into your damage stat as normal but your HP is much higher than usual and your MP returns its regular, unboosted amount.

The thing is Machine, most average people are not this intelligent and are not going to sit there and think of ways to gain full potential of their AP, especially on a high rate server when you can have 30k mp and hp after 3 or 4 rebirths. Your way of using every AP point to your own advantage may be very useful in low rate servers that have no rebirths, but I can tell you it will not do you much good here.

Machine wrote:(that's another thing - is there a stat resetter?)

Yes, @apreset.

Machine wrote:to summarize my feelings at this point in time, all that i /need/ is an updated scroll shop.

I will update the scroll shop to v75.
    Machine
    ZeldaMS Newb
    ZeldaMS Newb

Post  Machine Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:50 am

point very much taken, Void. thanks for your help and taking my thoughts into consideration.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 am

@Machine Since MP caps at 30k, leveling fast > getting every INT
    I haven't been on for a long time, not sure if Chaos is already in all-in-one
    Thanks for the... the... commend? Commendment? O.O xP

@Void I can't wait Smile
    Zeuz
    Zeuz
    ZeldaMS Government
    ZeldaMS Government

ZeldaMS Respect Points : 4

Post  Zeuz Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:10 pm

AP reset scrolls from the cash shop
    erm.. the cash shop is not working
    Inimitable
    Inimitable
    Married Couple
    Married Couple

Post  Inimitable Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:14 am

Ahhhh Machine you're too intense for maplestory

It's a game man Sad
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 am

Dude, No offence but, I don't appricate you coming in to our forums and putting down our coder. Void is an amazing coder and hes doing the very best he can. I'm sure if he aims to have something a certain way, he will do it himself. He doesn't really need random people coming in and dissing prices and his coding. On top of that your lucky we even have a timeless wep SHOP because most v75 servers you have to earn them from events. And as far as chaos scrolls, they are in the reward shop. Over priced but hey, hes working on it okay? Give the guy a break.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 am

DrPepper wrote:Dude, No offence but, I don't appricate you coming in to our forums and putting down our coder. Void is an amazing coder and hes doing the very best he can. I'm sure if he aims to have something a certain way, he will do it himself. He doesn't really need random people coming in and dissing prices and his coding. On top of that your lucky we even have a timeless wep SHOP because most v75 servers you have to earn them from events. And as far as chaos scrolls, they are in the reward shop. Over priced but hey, hes working on it okay? Give the guy a break.

This.

Void is doing his best on alot of other things. Meanwhile, again, these items are available from GMs.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 am

@i1337, Not all of them. You can get them from events but not all are available directly But yeah, for the most part any thing you might need you can obtain in some way shape or form weither it be All in One, Reward Shop, GM, or Event, You can get it.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:51 am

DrPepper wrote:@i1337, Not all of them. You can get them from events but not all are available directly But yeah, for the most part any thing you might need you can obtain in some way shape or form weither it be All in One, Reward Shop, GM, or Event, You can get it.

So, you catch this ONE TIME that I say this. On almost all other occasions I have listed it as "Mostly available from GMs, others available from Events or can be bought from GMs".
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:03 am

Don't pay much attention to it before. sorry lol. I was just pointing that out so he knows, you didnt say it in this thread at all so its like...ok we can get whatever we want from GMs. Got it. but thats not the case.
    ixShane
    ixShane
    ZeldaMS Gamemaster
    ZeldaMS Gamemaster

Post  ixShane Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 am

Machine wrote:
    3. lowering of the timeless weapon/medal prices. i came on this server expecting a 1 meso all-in-one shop, including the timeless weaps and medals. i don't see the point in having timeless weaps and medals at a high cost when everything else is 1 meso; especially the medal prices. 1 bil per medal? that's a joke.

then everybody will have timeless weps and medals which makes it easier for them and people just super rb like nothing.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:35 am

ixShane wrote:
    Machine wrote:

then everybody will have timeless weps and medals which makes it easier for them and people just super rb like nothing.

This.

Wait no, Timeless Weps don't do THAT much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 am