ZeldaMS Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The REAL Fun Server!

5 posters

Sean's GM App

Poll

Do you think I will make a Good GM?

[ 2 ]
    Sean's GM App Bar_left67%Sean's GM App Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Sean's GM App Bar_left0%Sean's GM App Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Sean's GM App Bar_left33%Sean's GM App Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Poll closed
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

ZeldaMS Respect Points : 0

Sean's GM App Empty Sean's GM App

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:30 am

[Seans]'s GM Application Form

*= Required
    Personal Information is Red
    Required Information (about the server) is Blue
    Contact Information is Green

*Name: Tave Truxillo

Nickname: Sean

*In-game Name: Currently it is "Replacement" I'm waiting for Sora so I can get it changed back to Sean

*Timezone: Central Standard Time

State/Province: Louisiana

*Experience (as a GM): Tons, Head GM on both TexasMs and EssentialMs, PheonixMs (in v55) PhychoMs, and a lot more and I have owned a few myself

*Playing Times: Usually alot between 3 pm and 10 pm CST on and off though

*Personality: Im a very nice Guy, Very Friendly

Other Games: Just Modern Warfare 2 when I'm not on here.

*Other (about self): I am a very nice guy, I love to hang out with and get to know the players. Im constantly moving when I'm online I am hardly ever in the same place for long periods of time so I see what goes on. I hate hackers and I have a bit of a 0 tolerance for them. If I feel nice I may warn them and tell them, Look, hacking is not allowed if you dont turn them off I will be forced to ban you. I do a bit of coding, some GFXing however that is not what I want to do. I am going for a Community GM spot or perhaps Intern and work up.

[Required] Various Questions

Do you have a handbook? Yes, I have 2 and if a command isn't in those I can find it easily

Do you know the important commands (warp commands, event map commands, popular item commands) by heart? Warping and popular items yes, event map not so much.

What GM command is used to detect hackers? I believe that is cheaters.

Why should we pick you as a GM? What makes you stand out? Im friendly, a very likeable person. Most people know who I am and rely on me for help. And as the player I am, I feel its my responsiblilty to do whatever I can to help them when they need it

Are you active on the forums? Very now that I finally got an account registered

What can you do for the server? I can keep it clear of hackers and make it a fun environment for both the GMs and the players.

Who do you think a GM (Gamemaster) is? Some people believe GMs are just suppose to ban players and find glitchs. However, I believe GMs should be friendly and care about their players. GMs are people who keep servers free of hackers, while also having fun and hanging out and getting to know their players.

Who is Sora? The [Owner] of ZeldaMs, and main coder

Who is Trevor? The coolest [Co-Owner] ever.

Who is Void? Coder

How will you deal with Hackers? At first I may jail or warn them personally and tell them to shut them off, After if they don't I will ban them. Sorry. Its the rule and its my job as a GM to enforce it

If someone is disrespectful to you, what do you do? I warn them, then jail, if its continuous then I will ban no hesitation.

If someone is disrespectful to another player, what do you do? Being disrepectful is bad, it doesnt matter if its towards a GM, or another player. Its rude and I'm afraid I would have to warn, then jail, and ban. Just like if it were being done to me. Its not right.

Will you give your friends advantages over other players? Absolutely not. I befriend all the players and I treat them all equally. Its not fair to choose favorites.

Any Other Questions? Heres my
    Contact Information:

*Yahoo, Thunder_zaine
    *Aim, toocool2care14
    *Ingame, Sean (Replacement)
    *On the Website when its up look for Sean[DrPepper]
    *Myspace, Myspace.com/assassinthunder

Last edited by DrPepper on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 am; edited 9 times in total
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Sean's GM App Empty Re: Sean's GM App

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:25 am

I spent 3 hours on this application to make it absolutely perfect so, if you tell me something is wrong or missing ill probably cry. No im jking but seriously. Honest Opinions Please.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

ZeldaMS Respect Points : 3

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

I like your application, especially the colors. I will add the "Contact Information" and colors to the Official Form, credited to you of course Smile
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 am

i1337 wrote:I like your application, especially the colors. I will add the "Contact Information" and colors to the Official Form, credited to you of course Smile

Thank you very much sir. Much appreciated. And the colors shouldn't really be important, I just thought it was alot of information so I did that so it both grabbed and kept people's attention. Contact information was a nice addition though. I must pat myself on the back for that.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 am

And a pat from me too Smile

I think the colors would be good for GMs, so they can see the 3 parts divided into 3 sections for easier reading. And yeah, it's catchy ^_^ and unique.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:37 am

Yeah I thought so too. Like I said this thing took me 3 hours to complete. I made sure it looked nice, had all the information, and contact stuff incase you want more information. I just hope I get it. This server is amazing and I would love to help the GMs, I'm usually on a while after they all go to bed so I see alot of stuff they don't.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 am

Yeah, I think most of them are on the other side of the world...
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:48 am

Yeah, see, I would make a nice addition to the staff. Not only am I friendly and care about the players. I am in a different timezone thus enabling me to play longer and catch more that they miss.

And in my defence, I didnt know the part that says "if someone was disrespecting you" was directed to when we are GM...I thought it was as a normal player
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 am

Mmhmm.

Sorry if i'm blind, but nobody pointed that out, so technically you can just edit it and change it instead of defending yourself.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

And that regarding hackers. Banhammer is necessary once you confirm that he/she is hacking. It's written clearly in our rules that hacking is not allowed.

I would ban them, then, if they ban appeal, I will show the screenshot and publicly humiliate them on the forums. Hackers don't deserve leniency IMO unless it was his relative/friend hacking on his account.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 am

I know its required and in the rules. If they tell me to I will but I mean. Some people are smart and actually use their head, If they get told to stop they do, so I think warning them then keeping an eye on them would be a nice thing to do. I didnt want to sound like an all out jerk for just banning, like...really? no warnings or anything? Just banned and outta here...

Also edited the disrepect questions.

Last edited by DrPepper on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 am

Well, you'd be a very VERY nice GM.

I guess you could D/C them, then

!notice (or !say) [IGN] has been caught hacking and has been subdued! (or something less lame)

so everyone could know.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

I'm not trying to be to to nice, you have to understand that. I just think its a little cruel to just out and out ban them with no knowledge they were even caught. Hacking or not. Sorry.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:12 am

If they like the server, however, they will regret hacking. Perhaps you can ban them for 24 hours? Then give them one last chance. If they hack again, then, no mercy.
    Hows that for a change?
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:17 am

Well thats kind of like what I already said. Warn them, Tell them you KNOW they are hacking and tell them to shut it off. If they refuse or do it again, ban. Its almost the same as what you said only they don't get 24 hours to decide to hack or not, they have to decide then and there.

And off topic, ive noticed u comment on all my posts especially the pointless one on peanuts app that said "This" lol. Afraid of compitition buddy?
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah but a [#]-hour ban as a warning would really scare 'em up alot.

Competition? LOL you'd gotta be VERY active to pass me. I have the coveted title of "Spammer". "This" was to support you. I'll delete it if you want. And if I can O_O

EDIT: Congratulations on having the first topic in the ZeldaMS Forums to reach 2 pages. I think.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 am

I was just joking around I mean come on. That would require me being on 24/7 even after you quit because you post when we post, and nah again. Just keep it. I dont care really I just like to mess around, especially when im bored. And i think it is too =) Yay me.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

Wasn't irelivent, you were telling me about the ban and such. We were debating
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

That's a very good point. I'm posting this because i'm afraid you will think I disagree if I don't respond.
    BTW I love seeing your stars slowly going up...

IMO I think [#]-hour ban would be more terrifying to ZeldaMS-fans and they would certainly stop hacking altogether. Maybe the public announcement could be removed... they'd hate to be humiliated in a server.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

I guess, I don't know. I guess it depends on to what extent they are hacking and my mood weither I straight ban, warn, or humiliate
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 am

Maybe we should somehow classify hacking.
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:03 am

Like...Vaccing and damage hack, I mean, its hard to tell if its a damage hack on a private server, but thats a no no I mean come on...Why bother even warning that. Thats just stupidity. Dem is like...you think your slick? Like we don't realize things randomly dieing. That is ban POSSIBLY a warning. Item vac I think is stupid and pointless, no harm done, might as well warn then ban. Unlimited FJ is actually what we are aiming to get NOW so I wouldnt even classify that as hacking. I would ignore that. And I guess the other hacks would have to be watching and seeing whats going on.
    i1337
    i1337
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Post  i1337 Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Check the rebirths. True, we could just instaban that one and D/C him 5 seconds after the shocking news pops up in his face (ban only stops his login, so you gotta D/C him). By what you're saying about Dem, I'm guessing it's kill-random-monsters-around-you? That could be lag sometimes, so we'll stalk him/her a bit. If they are hacking, I guess a 12-24 hour ban then we'll stalk him for a day or two. I agree with item vac and unlimited FJ
    what about fly hack and unlimited jump and swim in air?
    DrPepper
    DrPepper
    Class Clown
    Class Clown

Post  DrPepper Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 pm

In my opinion "fun hacks" arnt harmful to the server itself so I don't find its necissary to do anything, however I mean, If they are using them theres a high chance they are using other hacks, so I guess we gotta watch. And as far as banning "fun hacks" I would probably ask one of the other GMs what they think. And how do you check someone elses rebirths without going on the site
    Mimi
    Mimi
    ZeldaMS GFX
    ZeldaMS GFX

Post  Mimi Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:10 am

LOL!~! Nice Smile!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 am